Statement of Principles
Focus of consulting
Good consulting, like any
partnership, relies on each
party bringing its own special
qualities to the relationship. The client brings its understanding of its own unique and exceptional character, its resources, and its history. The consultant brings the broad-based understanding of practices, techniques, and methods that are proven successful and can be tailored to meet the client's goals.
It is not enough for a consultant to provide advice or give competent direction. A good consultant assists the client institution in achieving its own new and more complete understanding of the issues at hand. As a result of an effective consulting relationship, the client's internal processes and depth of understanding become increasingly powerful and productive.
- RPA Inc. subscribes to the highest standards of integrity and principles of quality, diversity, equity, and ethical practice.
- RPA Inc. assists clients in understanding the role of a consultant and the goals of each consulting assignment, and fosters realistic expectations for goal achievement.
- RPA Inc. makes every effort to assure that client institutions have all relevant and current information necessary for sound and well-informed decision making.
- RPA Inc. respects and actively protects the confidentiality of its clients.
- RPA Inc. eschews conflicts of interest and will not favor one client project over another for purposes of increased gain.
- RPA Inc. will not pay fees to third parties for referrals or introductions to potential clients.
- RPA Inc. will not alter one client's schedule to favor another client's project.
Search Specific Principles
- RPA Inc. treats each applicant as an important human being and attempts to facilitate their self-understanding in the critical process of life-long career development.
- RPA Inc. respects and actively protects the confidentiality of its search candidates.
- RPA Inc. does not accept money from candidates.
- RPA Inc. keeps candidates informed of the search process and fosters reasonable expectations in regard to search outcomes.